• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87anger

Stock height measurements please!!

I have been trying to find the stock hub-to-fender measurements on an 83-88 extended cab 4wd. If you have one please walk outside and grab some measurements for me real quick. It would be MUCH appreciated. :icon_cheers: I am reeeeallly curious as to how my truck is sitting currently as I have...
  2. 87anger

Jack lowering incorrectly

I recently got a craftsman 3 ton jack, stands, and creeper. I have been using the jack to figure out my lift and every time I try to lower the jack, its extremely difficult to get the handle to turn initially. When I finally get it to turn, it turns really fast and drops the truck onto the...
  3. 87anger

Lift shocks too short?!!!

Help! My DD is apart and cant put it together until I figure this out: I am installing 4" skyjacker coils and shocks on my truck and I took out my old coils(sagged F-150 coils) and compared them to the new 4" skyjacker: (new left)Almost the same height... ok whatever maybe stiffer. Compared...
  4. 87anger

Is this rare?

I was at the junkyard the other day looking for a front axle and saw a B2 checked the tag and it didnt have the code I needed, snapped a pic anyway: Looked it up and it has L/S 4:10s!:icon_surprised: Surprised the hell outta me, never seen any b2 with 4:10 L/S
  5. 87anger

Spring pack advice?

I just bought a set of 4dr explorer leafs from the junkyard. After I got home I started examining them and found this: The top spring is bent up on one of them. I figure I can probably use my Ranger top leafs and the other explorer leafs and make it work though. This got me thinking about...
  6. 87anger

Buying. questions.

I am currently saving some money to get me another Ranger.:D I am looking for a 93-97 ex cab 4.0 4x4 preferably manual. I have a couple questions though. Any specific advice or recommendations? I was also wondering about when they changed over to the obdII diagnostic setup. I also got to...
  7. 87anger

Coil spring seat bushings

From the factory the Ranger coils are seated in a bushing. They say when you replace the coil it has to be in the same position on the bushing as before. Well my bushings are completely shot and apparently auto parts stores dont think they existed because there arent any replacements that I can...
  8. 87anger

Should I be worried?

I recently bought a 7.5 for my 87 super and put in all new gear oil and brake hardware, slapped it in. But when i was putting the brakes on I noticed that there was about 3-4mm of play in the axleshaft.:shok:. Its so bad that the tire moves when bolted. I dont know much about axle components...
  9. 87anger

87 exhaust y?

On an 87 Ranger with a 2.9 what is after the y-pipe? Is it a Y that goes single inlet into a cat? Or is the Y built into the cat with single outlet? The idiot PO of the truck just welded on a plate with 2 pipes coming off of it with cherry bombs. Used to set off my buddies honda's car alarm...
  10. 87anger

Now Im pissed.

Im on my last nerve with my gas guage. It used to just be and inconveniance. Then it was an annoyance, and now that I bought a new sending unit for $90 Im pissed. It wasnt working when I got my truck. After a while I put a float on it(it was missing:annoyed:) and it read completely wrong so I...
  11. 87anger

oil leak troubles...

I developed an oil leak on my replacement 2.9 engine and determined it was the oil pan leaking and decided to pull the engine and check the rear main as well. Changed the oil pan gasket, rear main was perfect, put the engine in and had an oil leak from the oil filter housing where it bolts to...
  12. 87anger

Gen 1 8.8 and 1 piece driveshaft swap

A while back I had a vibration and after replacing motor mounts, trans mounts, and a u joint(which were also bad btw) it persisted. lifted up my ass end and put the truck in gear let it spin. My wheels were making ovular/up and down motions(i.e. NOT normal!) and my tire would turn 1/4 turn...
  13. 87anger

Auto tech schools

I am wanting to go to an auto tech school but am not sure which one. Im curious which schools you guys have gone to/researched. I have looked into UTI and Wyotech. Uti seems to be more industry based while Wyotech seems to be more about custom fab and other options. I would like to do custom...
  14. 87anger

Ranger starter causes fire?

Just now I saw on the local news a gen1 Ranger caused a fire at a gas station. They said the starter engaged by itself and it ran into the side of the store and caught on fire.....................WTF!?!:icon_rofl: Is that even possible? Facts: the front of the Ranger was burnt and it somehow...
  15. 87anger

"Gansta' lean" seat

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!! My driver seat has an extreme lean on the right side causing the right side lean back i dubbed Gansta' lean. Looks like it belongs in a buick or something. Anyways is there a way to fix this? What could be the problem? Ya i know I could just get seats from a parts yard...
  16. 87anger

Lurker now member! =)

Hey all, Im not exactly new here as I have been going to this site for 2 years and used to have a different profile (until I lost my internet and forgot the username and password:bawling:) But Im back:yahoo:. I have an 87 XL 2.9l mtsu 5spd 4wd dubbed Anger. Little backstory I traded my 1978...
  17. 87anger

Lift ?s bit confused

Ok so ive been reading and searching threads and checking tech library for awhile now so as to try to not sound like an idiot so here goes.:dunno: I have an 87 Ranger 4wd with shot F-150 coils, F-150 leafs, and completely shot shocks. So obviously time for suspension re-do. I checked tech...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad