• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just totalled my pride and joy.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dont. worst pavement tire ive ever used. even my 2.9 with 3:45 gears could spin them effortlessly. i'll bet if i still had my 31" bfg mt's i wouldnt be in this situation right now...
If mud tires were good street tires everybody would have them...

Sorry to hear about your truck... rather than starting from scratch again on this one with a compromised frame could you swap your stuff to another truck?

I have just got the powertrain part of my build pretty much ironed out, I know exactly what you mean about not starting over right now... it was fun the first time but the second time doesn't sound like too much fun right away. Heck mine has been out and about for 2 months and it still doesn't sound like any fun.

super91(2.3)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/1996
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
2.3/ 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
man, im sorry to hear about your wreck. im sure you will never forget the ricer that did this. keep it around, even if its parked in a relatives field, and slowly rebuild when you got time and money. best of luck on the search, and eventually the rebuild!

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Damn I'm sorry man! I feel for ya.

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
unless a MT is sipped almost any brand of MT will break loose easier then a AT,they work great in MUD ,but are crap for road use,many large chunks of rubber making contact with road is bad.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
OMG I couldn't even image how you feel. I hope you find it in ya to fix her, or use whats left to build another.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I had just finished my 4wd swap (K member and all), 5spd swap, and engine swap (huge project all done at once). took me literally months of work (not to mention the many months of work that went into my 302 swap on this truck previously). i even went as far as getting a donor truck for it. the truck has literally only been insured and road worthy since 5/20, EIGHT DAYS, and it's totalled.

about two hours ago i was coming home from a friends place (i was only about a half mile from home) when some random piece of shit ricer passes me on the wrong side of the road and SLAMS on his brakes in front of me. i try to slow down as best i can and immediately the 33" mud kings break loose (truck was unloaded too), and my rear's all over the place (at about 50mph). i slide all over the road (must have been at least 150 feet, it seemed like forever while it was happening), somehow barely avoid hitting the idiot, mack a mailbox, and finally wrap it around a tree at about 35. i walked away fine, but my truck is done.

wanna know the best part? the person in the other car fled the scene, and my truck is only insured for liability; no collision, so i dont get a cent.

i had literally just spent a few thousand dollars in BRAND NEW parts on this truck. EVERYTHING is new, EVERYTHING. the truck was flat-out immaculate, too. not a speck of rust, gloss black paint only a few months old, not a single dent, all body lines dead on, etc. its a real shame.

however, i'm a strong believer in that all things happen for a reason, so i can only hope for the best from here on out :/

I don't remember seeing the photos after you did all this work to your truck. Did you post them?

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I had just finished my 4wd swap (K member and all), 5spd swap, and engine swap (huge project all done at once). took me literally months of work (not to mention the many months of work that went into my 302 swap on this truck previously). i even went as far as getting a donor truck for it. the truck has literally only been insured and road worthy since 5/20, EIGHT DAYS, and it's totalled.

about two hours ago i was coming home from a friends place (i was only about a half mile from home) when some random piece of shit ricer passes me on the wrong side of the road and SLAMS on his brakes in front of me. i try to slow down as best i can and immediately the 33" mud kings break loose (truck was unloaded too), and my rear's all over the place (at about 50mph). i slide all over the road (must have been at least 150 feet, it seemed like forever while it was happening), somehow barely avoid hitting the idiot, mack a mailbox, and finally wrap it around a tree at about 35. i walked away fine, but my truck is done.

wanna know the best part? the person in the other car fled the scene, and my truck is only insured for liability; no collision, so i dont get a cent.

i had literally just spent a few thousand dollars in BRAND NEW parts on this truck. EVERYTHING is new, EVERYTHING. the truck was flat-out immaculate, too. not a speck of rust, gloss black paint only a few months old, not a single dent, all body lines dead on, etc. its a real shame.

however, i'm a strong believer in that all things happen for a reason, so i can only hope for the best from here on out :/
That really sucks man, at least you walked away alive.
i hope you do find that guy, and get him to pay up.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Count your blessings mate. That tree could have totalled you. The truck can be replaced/ rebuilt, you cant.

Now go hunt that bastard down and drag him down the road behind his own ricer till he offers to pay up.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Your alright and alive. So it doesn't suck that you wrecked your truck. Thank your maker that you walked away from it. You truck modifications may have caused you to get into that power slide, but your truck modifications may also have been the thing that helped you walk away from it.

Did you give a description of that car to the police?

And this thread is worthless without pics! Let us see the carnage to decide if you should rebuild or scrap.

Thank you lucky stars your here today!:icon_thumby:

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
shit man, this really sucks the big one....i didnt even get a chance to come by and see it

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
should have just rear ended him or let off the brakes so you could control the truck.

i would be hunting that ricer down though

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
should have just rear ended him or let off the brakes so you could control the truck.

i would be hunting that ricer down though
I wouldn't be hunting the ricer down.

I'd have killed it on the spot because not only would I have left off the brakes, I'd have smashed the f-ing gas on the 'wipe that did that to me.

He wouldn't have been filing any insurance papers against me or complaining about "back pain" (or much of anything else) either after I stuffed him under his own hood.

I hate idiot drivers.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
after much thought, i don't think im going to be able to keep her. but i will only sell it to another ranger enthusiast who's actually going to use it. anyone know how much i could get out of it? the list of new parts is flat out shocking. its got a perfect 2.9, m5od, d35, 3.73's all around, new shocks, new clutch, of course all new filters and what not, hoses, belts, new igniton (wires cap rotor etc), all new u joints, body lift, billet coil spacers, fx4 springs in the rear, 33's , black d-window wheels, shift rail mod, new shifter bushings, shifter extension, all new steering tie rods, ends, and sleeves, new axle bushings, tons of other stuff im forgetting. the bed has a tree dent in the side that could probably be fixed. driverside fender and fender support totally gone, core support totally gone, front corner of frame probably tweaked but probably fixable, the frame is totally spotless, all painted black not a speck of rust. same goes for the body- no rust at all. the interior is nothing short of immaculate. also has a good e-shift 1354 but the control module and harness isnt installed yet (i have it sitting intact in the back of the truck). i also have an unimaginable collection of spare parts. seriously, you name it, i have it. every single sensor, switch, even oem electrical connector. ps pump, alternator, intake, ignition stuff, driveshafts, axle parts (carrier gears bearings flanges), crossmembers, the list goes on.

i'll get pictures later because words cannot describe how clean this truck was. would i be crazy for asking 1500?

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
That sucks man! Glad to hear you're ok though, but I would have just braced and nailed the guy, chances are you may have done less damage to the truck. People die each year trying to avoid collisions with cars or animals, sometimes it's better to take the hit than try to miss. As it is, my Ranger ended up in kinda the same position as yours, I zigged when I should have zagged. Mine is sitting here because I have room for it, but I'm still on the fence about fixing it or stripping it for parts and using them on another Ranger, so I feel your pain.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals