• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just totalled my pride and joy.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
but to the OP- there's stuff that can be salvaged... find you another truck cheap if you want and swap stuff over. or just rebuild that one for a trail rig... :D
i still have my donor truck sitting right next to it in the driveway. good core support, fender supports, fenders, grille, lights, hood, etc. i even have a good chunk of frame that could be grafted in by the steering box. im gonna try to sell them both to someone who's willing to do all the work.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thats totally fixable man. Looks like maybe some accessories on the motor, rad + support, all the front body panels, and a great start on a tube bed. Go find you another gen 2 with a blown motor for cheap for a donor.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had just finished my 4wd swap (K member and all), 5spd swap, and engine swap (huge project all done at once). took me literally months of work (not to mention the many months of work that went into my 302 swap on this truck previously). i even went as far as getting a donor truck for it. the truck has literally only been insured and road worthy since 5/20, EIGHT DAYS, and it's totalled.

about two hours ago i was coming home from a friends place (i was only about a half mile from home) when some random piece of shit ricer passes me on the wrong side of the road and SLAMS on his brakes in front of me. i try to slow down as best i can and immediately the 33" mud kings break loose (truck was unloaded too), and my rear's all over the place (at about 50mph). i slide all over the road (must have been at least 150 feet, it seemed like forever while it was happening), somehow barely avoid hitting the idiot, mack a mailbox, and finally wrap it around a tree at about 35. i walked away fine, but my truck is done.

wanna know the best part? the person in the other car fled the scene, and my truck is only insured for liability; no collision, so i dont get a cent.

i had literally just spent a few thousand dollars in BRAND NEW parts on this truck. EVERYTHING is new, EVERYTHING. the truck was flat-out immaculate, too. not a speck of rust, gloss black paint only a few months old, not a single dent, all body lines dead on, etc. its a real shame.

however, i'm a strong believer in that all things happen for a reason, so i can only hope for the best from here on out :/

If you were sliding for 150 ft then you were driving one freaking unsafe vehicle. Blame it on the ricer all you want, but if you drive something dangerous that can't stop straight...........you are a threat to everyone's safety too. In Florida if the other driver stopped in front of you and your unsafe brakes/tires caused you to wreck your truck then you would each be 50% at fault and you would get an "Unsafe Vehicle" citation. At least the other driver would be responsible for 50% of the damage but the insurance company will give standard book value and being your truck is an antique that is 23 years old, that wouldn't amount to much over $500.
Amazing how everyone that has ever gotten into an accident on this forum ALWAYS is not at fault!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84/89
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.8lt v6 2.5lt four bangr
Transmission
Automatic
sorry to hear that man, least you can say your still alive an walking. sucks you put all that time into your truck... I hate them rice burners... dude id i was u id find that dude an charge him out the ass for our truck an rebuild it eather that or barrow a friend or family members truck thats jacked up an crush hes car even more if you find the ricer then after word set it on fire an laugh in the guys face..

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
Transmission
Automatic
its really unfortunate that your not closer...i have a full front end sans core support that i dont need and/or want. i want to get rid of it for cheap but shipping would be killer though.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Amazing how everyone that has ever gotten into an accident on this forum ALWAYS is not at fault!!!!
Yeah, funny thing about that.

People don't tell the stories where they are the jackass who caused it.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Hopefully someday you can watch that guy hit a tree. Sorry to hear about the truck. I hate crazy ricers. Of course I'd of choose to slam right into him.

ms2011

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Pick-up trucks need to sport all-terrain rubbers to ensure full traction in almost any situation. If you ever have it restored please get a full insurance for it. You owe it to the truck.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I'd did it to some old lady. It was either her or a parked car, and I refuse to tell people my bumpers dented because I hit a parked car lol.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'd did it to some old lady. It was either her or a parked car, and I refuse to tell people my bumpers dented because I hit a parked car lol.
yeah, hitting a parked car, that's something a woman would do. when i do something stupid and break something or hurt myself, i just make up a badass excuse. like one time, i jumped over a fence at my grandmas and got closed lined by a close line (i'm serious, it was hilarious.....like an hour later). i had a nasty cut on my face, so i told everyone i got in a fight with a polar bear. people would have believed me, but the last polar bear that lived in north carolina died about 10,000 years ago.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, funny thing about that.

People don't tell the stories where they are the jackass who caused it.
I caused one. Showing off, spinning tires. Hit brakes and tires broke loose. Slid 30 ft, no help from abs. Rear ended a Cobalt then was rear ended by a Cavalier.
The other was cut off by a truck on the right (came in from the shoulder) went to the middle lane, then came back over into a Subaru.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I had some close encounters in my altima... Till I went 80 into a left hand exit that went from 65-30 instantly. It was one of those even at 30 it's a tight turn... I was going 80. Tried to use my fwd to pull me right but I just whipped straight into cement shoulder as I finally caught traction. My engine was sitting on the ground with my tires holding it crying, saying it'll be ok vq35!!!

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry for your loss dude

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
In Florida if the other driver stopped in front of you and your unsafe brakes/tires caused you to wreck your truck then you would each be 50% at fault and you would get an "Unsafe Vehicle" citation. At least the other driver would be responsible for 50% of the damage but the insurance company will give standard book value and being your truck is an antique that is 23 years old, that wouldn't amount to much over $500.
In NJ if you run into the rear of another vehicle, its 100% your fault, No ifs, ands, or buts. You should always be in control of your vehicle and keep a safe following distance.

Sorry to hear about the crash, if you do decide to fix it, I've got a lot of genII parts you can have cheap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals