• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just totalled my pride and joy.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
i really appreciate it guys. and you're absoloutely right. ill get over it. life goes on :icon_thumby:
Man......I could use an "attitude transfusion" from you. Keep being positive...it gives me encouragement in my situation.

Really sorry about your truck....just regroup & decide what's best for you to do!

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
after much thought, i don't think im going to be able to keep her. but i will only sell it to another ranger enthusiast who's actually going to use it. anyone know how much i could get out of it? the list of new parts is flat out shocking. its got a perfect 2.9, m5od, d35, 3.73's all around, new shocks, new clutch, of course all new filters and what not, hoses, belts, new igniton (wires cap rotor etc), all new u joints, body lift, billet coil spacers, fx4 springs in the rear, 33's , black d-window wheels, shift rail mod, new shifter bushings, shifter extension, all new steering tie rods, ends, and sleeves, new axle bushings, tons of other stuff im forgetting. the bed has a tree dent in the side that could probably be fixed. driverside fender and fender support totally gone, core support totally gone, front corner of frame probably tweaked but probably fixable, the frame is totally spotless, all painted black not a speck of rust. same goes for the body- no rust at all. the interior is nothing short of immaculate. also has a good e-shift 1354 but the control module and harness isnt installed yet (i have it sitting intact in the back of the truck). i also have an unimaginable collection of spare parts. seriously, you name it, i have it. every single sensor, switch, even oem electrical connector. ps pump, alternator, intake, ignition stuff, driveshafts, axle parts (carrier gears bearings flanges), crossmembers, the list goes on.

i'll get pictures later because words cannot describe how clean this truck was. would i be crazy for asking 1500?
a few edits- i also have a lund visor for it (would need to be painted), fuel pump and sending unit, hood, doors, fenders, etc. along with many other spare parts. also has warn hubs, sunpro gauges, sub wiring, etc. lots of useful stuff

also, after taking a better look (ill post pics later tonight), the entire front end is gone, both sides. the big end of the pitman arm is rubbing on the k member, and that entire section of frame is bent to shit. but i do have a straight section of frame from my donor truck that i could toss in. the rear will need shackles as they are both shifted.

honestly if someone had alot of time and access to all the front sheet metal, they could buy my shit whole and have a ridiculously clean truck in the end with a nearly unlimited supply of extra parts...

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
but you're still alive. count your blessings bro. it could be worse.

i'd be finding that ricer.. somehow lol

this is why i run uninsured motors and few other things on my insurance.

that totally sucks man... i think uninsured will cover hit and runs, it did for my dad. but if you dont get any money you get to keep it right? is nothing salvageable?
to be able to claim uninsured motorist coverage, you'd have to find the person that caused the accident and actually prove that they do not have insurance.

i'd try to find the litter f*cker. since you didnt hit him, it's be hard to prove that it was him that caused the accident. you'd need proof, he could just say he wasnt there at that time and there's no way he could've done it. you'd need witnesses to prove it and even then, it'd be hard to get his insurance company to pay you anything.

but yes, count your blessings, you could be in the hospital or dead right now.

and maybe next time, adjust your coverage accordingly.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
that had to be the sadest post i ever read, sorry about your truck man. sounds like she was a beaut. please dont post pics! ill probably cry lol

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
to be able to claim uninsured motorist coverage, you'd have to find the person that caused the accident and actually prove that they do not have insurance.

i'd try to find the litter f*cker. since you didnt hit him, it's be hard to prove that it was him that caused the accident. you'd need proof, he could just say he wasnt there at that time and there's no way he could've done it. you'd need witnesses to prove it and even then, it'd be hard to get his insurance company to pay you anything.

but yes, count your blessings, you could be in the hospital or dead right now.

and maybe next time, adjust your coverage accordingly.

i talked to my dad and when he got hit w/ a semi trailer on the van we had-- w/ liability and uninsured motors only on it and he got a check from the insurance company.... explain?

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
back in it's glory days (i.e. 3 days ago :bawling:)

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
shit man, if you didn't live in jersey.....

actually, if you replace those shackles, cut the core support and fenders off, saw it all back to the firewall and weld a new clip, it'll work...

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i talked to my dad and when he got hit w/ a semi trailer on the van we had-- w/ liability and uninsured motors only on it and he got a check from the insurance company.... explain?
sounds like the liability insurance on the semi trailer paid your dad. or, the semi trailer guy actually didnt have insurance and your dads insurance company proved that and that's how he was covered.

noahkenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Sorry bro, glad your ok, looks like a wicked hit. Ive been in a couple situations like that and didnt come out as good as you did. I know whats its like to lose something you spent so much money and time and effort in only to have some ahole ruin it for you. Think positive and be thankful that you are alive and well. Dont want so sound harsh but in the end its only money. Your truck can be replaced with money but you cant. You cant put a price on your life and health. No amount of money can replace you. Thats the most important fact about this whole situation is that you are ok, bottom line. You might even go on to find a better ride. Because of a couple accidents and just hard work and living my health isnt worth a crap. Just had a knee replaced and I am only 40 and can hardly even get around anymore. I would give anything to have my health back. So everytime you look at your truck smile and be thankful she took a hit for you and the only thing that got broken was your heart and not your neck.

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sucks and even more there is probably some punk on a ricer forum bragging about making a truck eat it.

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
my uncle does repairables and honestly its not that bad. i would try to find some place to store it and repair it in small incraments

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like the liability insurance on the semi trailer paid your dad. or, the semi trailer guy actually didnt have insurance and your dads insurance company proved that and that's how he was covered.
it was hit and run... which is why i brought it up in his situation. dad never could find out the company or anything. it was a blank international box trailer.

but to the OP- there's stuff that can be salvaged... find you another truck cheap if you want and swap stuff over. or just rebuild that one for a trail rig... :D

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
it was hit and run... which is why i brought it up in his situation. dad never could find out the company or anything. it was a blank international box trailer.

but to the OP- there's stuff that can be salvaged... find you another truck cheap if you want and swap stuff over. or just rebuild that one for a trail rig... :D
who knows man, that's just what the policy for uninsured motorists states. his insurance company could've thrown him a bone, felt bad for him and helped him out. i give people extra money or benefit of the doubt every now and then if they arent dicks to me and i can tell they're really in a bad spot.

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The only part that looks bad bad is the gap between the bed and cab. Do yourself, that beautiful truck, and all of use here at TRS a favor: take off the front clip and bed. That stuff is shouldn't be hard considering what you have done already. Take it from there!! Thankfully you walked away! If the truck has to move on, you will remember it fondly!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals