• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just totalled my pride and joy.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
First of all I'm really sorry about your truck, but glad you walked away from it alive.

Normally, most ricers are unique. What I mean is that they are "modified" in such ways that make them very easy to describe. There is a little Acura Integra that runs around where I live with a body kit and yellow fenders. Easy to spot. If you can describe what it was-you may have something there

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
it was a HIT and run right? if they made contact and you can prove its them you might have something... now if they didn't make contact it doesn't matter..

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ya same in MA I believe, rear ending is your fault.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you were sliding for 150 ft then you were driving one freaking unsafe vehicle. Blame it on the ricer all you want, but if you drive something dangerous that can't stop straight...........you are a threat to everyone's safety too. In Florida if the other driver stopped in front of you and your unsafe brakes/tires caused you to wreck your truck then you would each be 50% at fault and you would get an "Unsafe Vehicle" citation. At least the other driver would be responsible for 50% of the damage but the insurance company will give standard book value and being your truck is an antique that is 23 years old, that wouldn't amount to much over $500.
Amazing how everyone that has ever gotten into an accident on this forum ALWAYS is not at fault!!!!
Standard book value standard, but if you have done a lot of work to it and have it appraised they will give you more (but you pay more in premiums too) Receipts help too. And when something like that happens it seems to go on forever.

BTW $500 won't get much more than a parts truck unless you get very lucky. Scrap is over $200 a ton, so for all practicality that isn't much more than the scrap value of the ton and a half truck. A '91 (as far back as KBB goes and only 2 years off) 2.9 4x4 ext cab in good shape private parties at $3,325 (excellant shape is $200 more)

Trucks are not balanced very well, with the heavy end in front it wouldn't take hardly anything to get the rear end in occilations. Road conditions, crown of the road, darn near anything. Lock 'er up, front tire hits a bump, rear swings driver corrects and rear swings the other way...

Right before I hit a deer in my '150 the ABS had the stupid thing stuttering off into the shoulder because of the crown of the road. Take off the ABS and it would have been sliding, with an excited driver (who wouldn't be?) a little bit too much steering input and hold on. :icon_surprised:

And for my stupid moment I took an entrance ramp too fast in my Laser, caught some loose gravel and spun it out, did a 315 degree spin with a long slide at the end. I just remember looking out the DS window waiting for the roll... that never came. I have to admit the tire smoke going over the hood at the end was kinda neat almost like a commercial. I hope I made some kid's day on a boring trip thru Nebraska on I80... it had to have been quite a show from the interstate. Luckily no one was following so I just restarted the engine (5spd, snuffed it out with the brakes) backed it up so I could get it straightened out and went on my way.

Last edited:

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
In NJ if you run into the rear of another vehicle, its 100% your fault, No ifs, ands, or buts. You should always be in control of your vehicle and keep a safe following distance.

Sorry to hear about the crash, if you do decide to fix it, I've got a lot of genII parts you can have cheap.
But you know how NJ drivers are.

To the OP, sorry about your truck man. Good thing you are fine though.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I hope I made some kid's day on a boring trip thru Nebraska on I80... it had to have been quite a show from the interstate
hahahahaha that's the spirit!

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
They say if the Titanic had hit the iceberg straight on it wouldn't have sunk. See what swerving out of the way does.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
From the pics, it looks like zuku hit it both straight and sideways - uggh. Sorry for your truck man. Glad you're ok though. We don't need another Chance.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah what happened was there was a group of three trees, the middle one being set back farther. i hit the middle one and the rear whipped into the left one.

i do have a little good news-

i traded the wrecked truck and the remains of the donor truck along with a little scrap i had lying around for a nice running 89 bronco ii. practically zero rust and the interior is immaculate. it has 197k on it and is auto :icon_surprised: but hopefully its ok. d28 and auto hubs, but im not looking for a wheeler. in fact, im probably not even going to register it. im just gonna sell it for cash for a powerstroke :headbang:

any idea what its worth?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
About a grand... I'd keep the b2. They are great little 4wd's. The 90 is perfect for a 4.0 swap to! And then explorer axles!

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
see i really really like the little thing (been playing with it all day lmao), but the only real problem is that i race dirtbikes and i need a truck. constantly towing a trailer isnt an option.

i can only imagine how awesome thing thing must be in the woods! seating for 5 and a short wheelbase :O my much longer ranger was seriously impressive as it was...

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, pulling a trailer w/ a b2 is nothing... its really nothing from a 4.0 powered b2!!!!
come on. you know you wanna!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals