• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Another Backspacing Q

Well i did the search and couldnt find my old thread. I know i would want 3.75 backspacing for 33x12.50's, but since my truck is not my DD anymore, im thinking 35x12.50's. I want to go big, the truck wont be driven that much, so i figured what the hell. Anyway, since i want to go 35x12.50's...
  2. 15x10's

Ok, since my truck wont sell its time to take it back under my wing. Wheels and Tires Time!!!! Sure the wife hates me, but the truck loves me. So, i wanted to do some 15x10" wheels, with some MT Bajas 33x12.50x15. I lifted the truck with a 4"suspension and 3" BL, so clearance is no issue, but...
  3. My 1992 Ranger

Well this is it so far. Its nowhere near done, however its still my toy. So far I have: replaced the 2.9 engine 4,000 miles ago rebuilt the trans 11,000 miles ago ( A4LD ) Rough Country 4" Suspension P/A 3" BL with 31x10.50x15 tires I got rid of the 60/40 seats by using a drivers seat from...
  4. Supercharger

ALright, i know im crazy for thinking this. But, ive seen a couple of pictures of truck and BII's for sale that were 2.9's with a supercharger. Does anyone know what supercharger this is and what all needs to be done. Dont know if i will actually do it, but i am curious all the same. Thanks, Shawn
  5. Leaking A/c

My brother has this issue in his 92 explorer. It leaks out air from the pipe that is made into the plastic blow box in the firewall? Has anyone had this issue, and rather than replacement, what else is there to do?
  6. Manifold leak

I just built this engine for my truck 2 months or so ago. Runs great, and then Friday developed an oil leak. Quick to fix, i found the problem, leaking from the back side of the lower intake. The gasket kit that came with the engine for an extra 300.00 had cork that was cut out to fit the block...
  7. Need New shock mount

I got home today and looked behind the drivers front wheel. And my shock ripped out the metal it was bolted through. It was rusted and was going to happen sooner or later i suppose, but there were a lot of pot holes on the road today. Are there cheap replacements for this? Id like to get a...
  8. Steering Stabilizer

So i bought and installed a 3" BL and 4" Suspension from Rough Country. I also bought the steering stabilizer that was an option. Its for my 1992 Ranger. The instructions on the stabilizer are crap, and pretty hard to make out because everything is so dark. It doesnt mention drilling any holes...
  9. Whose all near?

Alright, I see all these posts for SJ, and MA, etc. We got any guys in MD or even close. Not that theres crap for trails around here unless you like to mountain bike, just trying to get the feel for some other RBV guys around. I see a couple lifted and a couple of lowered trucks around, but...
  10. brake line issues

Well i lifted my truck with a 3" Bl and a 4" Rough Country Suspension, for a total of 7". I asked for some feedback about brake lines being an issue and everyone said id be cool. Its not that way in my case, i cant even mount my calipers back on because there isnt enough slack. I know there is...
  11. Move Bumpers

Well, i put a 3" BL on the truck, its a 1992, looks pretty good, but i need to move the bumpers up too. Looks like crap in their original spot. Anyone know of a place that makes anykind of brackets to move them up again????
  12. Body Lift Question

Im in the middle of putting my suspension and body lift on my 92 ranger. I started with the Body lift first. Its a performance accessories kit through Rough Country, in the directions it says to use the " kit bolt, kist washer, and kit nylock nut (1/2"). Only problem is that i dont have that...
  13. lifting, will it still have rake?

hey guys, i was just asking about the rough country 4 inch susp. lift and 3" BL, well i ordered them both yeserday, i forgot to really look into whether or not it will still have a rake to the truck. I shouldve checked into this earlier, but i kind of just assumed that the lift kits would be...
  14. 2 tanks?

I Didnt know where else to write this other than this forum: I was standing outside the local barbershop and saw a late 80's ranger pull up with 2 gas caps, 1 in front and 1 in back of the wheel. Whats up with this? I never knew rangers had two tanks??
  15. Bulb!?!?!

Ok, so i went to replace my dome light in my truck, its a 1992, only when i pulled the bulb out, it popped out of my fingers, through the hole, and now its stuck on top of the headliner somewhere, anyone know the number to this bulb so i dont have to yank the headliner?
  16. Backspacing??

OK, i have a 92 ranger with a 2.9 . I just lifted it 7 inches, 4 inch susp. and 3 inch body, and i need to put some bigger tires on it. I want to go 33's, so i need some new wheels also for a new look. What backspacing on the wheels do i need to fit 33/12.5/15's with no rubbing???
  17. Rough Country 4in Susp. and 3in BL

OK, im purchasing a Rough Country 4 inch suspension lift, as well as there 3 inch body lift. I dont do any 4-wheeling, so wheel travel and things of the such are not important. It is a street only truck, I'm just tired of it being the smallest truck in my driveway. Has anyone put both lifts on...
  18. Removing Engine

Whats up everyone, quick question. Im ripping out my engine because it blew up and im putting a new one in. Question is, can i just take the engine out, or do i have to drop the transmission also? If i dont have to id rather not go through those steps, i just got it back in there from being...
  19. Swap it OR NOT

Alright, Been doing some thinking. Ive got a 1992 Ranger with the 2.9 liter with the A4LD transmission and electric transfer case. Well i blew my engine up on thursday and now i need to fix it. I need little down time. I can wait as long as 2 weeks. In the mean time ive got my 2004 explorer...
  20. Replacing my 2.9

OK, my engine blew up yesterday and i have to get it back on the road. So im replacing it with another 2.9, brand new. Is there any perf. parts that i should consider before i put this engine back in the truck?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad